Are you considering a cosmetic Botox treatment, but aren’t sure if it’s right for you? There are a lot of facts and misconceptions about Botox, and our team at Claris Eye Care & Surgery want to help you get a better understanding of how Cosmetic Botox treatment works, and help you decide if this is the right step for you!
What is a Cosmetic Botox Treatment?
Did you know that in 2015, a cosmetic Botox treatment was the top nonsurgical cosmetic procedure in the US among men and women? This treatment is comprised of a botulinum toxin type A, human albumin—which is a protein found in blood plasma—and sodium chloride.
Even though Botox can be used to give relief to muscle spasms and underarm sweating, it’s primary use is for temporarily smoothing fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Cosmetic Botox treatments are injected into the muscles to constrict the nerve contractions that are the cause of wrinkles to create the smoother look. This is not a derma filler that would plump the skin.
Quick Facts About Cosmetic Botox Treatment:
- It is safe for anyone between ages 18-65.
- The procedure takes 10 minutes with no recovery time needed.
- Maximum effects occurs within about 10-14 days.
- Minor discomfort can occur which can be avoided with topical anesthetic.
- Results can last up to 3-4 months.
Possible Side Effects of a Cosmetic Botox Treatment:
- You can develop antibodies that make it less effective.
- You could have an allergic reaction.
- There is also a potential for numbness in treated areas.
- Muscle spasms in the area after the Botox wears off.
- Spreading to surrounding tissue.
Claris Offers the Safest in Cosmetic Botox Treatment
With any procedure, it’s important to have a proper consultation with a skilled physician who can give you the best advice and limit your risk of negative side effects. At Claris Eye Care & Surgery, Dr. Carlson is a Mayo Clinic-trained ophthalmologist with over 50 years of experience. With his skill and relationship with the Phillips Eye Institute, you can rest assured you are in great hands!
Call with Questions or to Schedule an Appointment
If you or a loved one is experiencing any concerns for your skin or eyes, call with any of your questions: 612-775-8009, or email us.
Learn more about Claris: Facebook, Twitter and Google+.